Table of content.
- What is a medium level sudoku ?
- Why is medium level sudoku more difficult than easy level?
- How to solve a medium level sudoku puzzle?
- Is it possible to print a medium level sudoku grid on Sudoku Academy?
- What is the world record for the fastest solved sudoku in medium level?
- Why play medium level sudoku on Sudoku Academy?
What is a medium level sudoku ?
A medium level sudoku is a puzzle game that is of intermediate difficulty. It is typically more challenging than an easy level sudoku, but not as difficult as a hard or expert level sudoku.
In a sudoku puzzle, the goal is to fill in a 9x9 grid with numbers such that each row, column, and 3x3 subgrid (also known as a "box" or "region") contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. Each puzzle has a unique solution, and the difficulty of the puzzle is determined by how many clues (pre-filled numbers) are given.
A medium level sudoku typically has fewer clues than an easy level sudoku, but more clues than a hard level sudoku. This means that there are more blank spaces that need to be filled in, and more logical reasoning and strategy is required to solve the puzzle.
Sudoku is a popular pastime that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It is a great way to exercise the brain and improve problem-solving skills, and medium level sudokus provide an enjoyable challenge for those who are looking for something a little more difficult than an easy level sudoku. So, it is a good option for those who have already solved some easy level sudokus and are ready to take on more of a challenge.
Why is medium level sudoku more difficult than easy level?
In general, "easy" level sudoku puzzles have fewer clues, or starting numbers, than "medium" level puzzles. This means that the solver has to make more inferences and deductions to fill in the blank squares. Easy sudoku puzzles may also have more obvious patterns or symmetries that can be exploited to make solving the puzzle easier.
On the other hand, "medium" level sudoku puzzles have more clues, which can make them easier to solve in some ways. However, these additional clues can also make the puzzle more challenging because they provide more information that the solver needs to consider and keep track of. In addition, medium level sudoku puzzles may have fewer obvious patterns or symmetries, which can make them more challenging to solve.
Overall, the difficulty of a sudoku puzzle depends on a number of factors, including the number of clues, the complexity of the patterns and symmetries present in the puzzle, and the solver's own skill and experience. Easy and medium level sudoku puzzles can both be challenging, but medium level puzzles may require more advanced solving techniques and may be more time-consuming to complete.
How to solve a medium level sudoku puzzle?
There are many different strategies that can be used to solve a medium level sudoku puzzle. Here is a general outline of some steps that you can follow:
- Start by looking for any squares that can be filled in based on the given clues. You can do this by looking for squares that only have one possible number based on the numbers that are already present in the same row, column, or 3x3 grid.
- Look for pairs or triplets of squares within a row, column, or 3x3 grid that have only two or three possible numbers. If you find such a pair or triplet, you can eliminate those numbers from the other squares in the same row, column, or 3x3 grid.
- Look for "hidden singles," which are squares that have only one possible number based on the numbers that are already present in the same row, column, or 3x3 grid, even if that number is not immediately obvious.
- Consider using advanced techniques such as "naked pairs" or "hidden pairs" to further narrow down the possible numbers for certain squares.
- If you get stuck, try taking a break and coming back to the puzzle later with fresh eyes. You may also want to try solving the puzzle using a different approach or strategy.
Remember, solving a sudoku puzzle is all about making logical deductions based on the given clues. As you solve more sudoku puzzles, you will become better at spotting patterns and making deductions, which will make it easier for you to solve even the most challenging puzzles.
Is it possible to print a medium level sudoku grid on Sudoku Academy?
If you want to print medium level sudoku grids for free, Sudoku Academy provides a convenient way to do so. To print a medium level sudoku grid from Sudoku Academy, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the medium level sudoku grid on Sudoku Academy that you want to print.
- Look for a print button or link on the page. This may be located in the toolbar or menu at the top of the page, or it may be a separate button on the page.
- Click the print button or link to open the print page.
- On the print page, you should see the sudoku grid and the solution displayed. You may also have the option to adjust the print settings, such as the orientation or paper size.
- When you are ready to print, click the "Print" button on the page or use the print option in your browser menu.
If you are having trouble finding the print button or link, you can try looking for it in the toolbar or menu at the top of the page. You can also try using the "Ctrl" and "P" keys on your keyboard to bring up the print dialog.
I hope this information is helpful and that you are able to print your medium level sudoku grids successfully.
What is the world record for the fastest solved sudoku in medium level?
According to the Guinness World Records website, the fastest time to solve a sudoku puzzle of easy difficulty is 1 minute and 23 seconds. This record was set on May 20, 2006 by American Thomas Snyder.
It is important to note that the level of difficulty for sudoku puzzles can vary significantly, and there is no standard definition of what constitutes an "easy," "medium," or "hard" level puzzle. Different sources may have different criteria for classifying sudoku puzzles by difficulty level, and the same puzzle may be considered easy by some solvers and more challenging by others.
Why play medium level sudoku on Sudoku Academy?
There are many reasons why someone might choose to play medium level sudoku on Sudoku Academy. Here are a few potential benefits:
- It's a fun and enjoyable way to pass the time: Sudoku is a classic puzzle game that is enjoyed by people of all ages. Playing medium level sudoku on Sudoku Academy can be a relaxing and enjoyable way to pass the time and keep your mind active.
- It can improve your problem-solving skills: Sudoku requires you to think logically and make deductions based on the given clues. As you solve more medium level sudoku puzzles, you may find that your problem-solving skills improve.
- It's convenient: With Sudoku Academy, you can play medium level sudoku puzzles online, anytime and anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. This can be especially convenient if you don't have access to a physical sudoku puzzle book or if you prefer the convenience of an online platform.
- It offers a good level of challenge: Medium level sudoku puzzles offer a good balance between difficulty and accessibility. They are generally more challenging than easy level puzzles, but not as difficult as hard level puzzles. This makes them a good choice for players who are looking for a moderate level of challenge.
- It's free: Sudoku Academy offers a range of sudoku puzzles, including medium level puzzles, for free. This means that you can play as many medium level sudoku puzzles as you like without having to pay anything.
Overall, playing medium level sudoku on Sudoku Academy can be a fun, challenging, and convenient way to pass the time and improve your problem-solving skills. Whether you are a seasoned sudoku player or new to the game, medium level sudoku puzzles can provide an enjoyable and satisfying challenge.